- Louis XVI style painted bedroom suite with super single bed.
- Very individual super king size original painted four poster bed
- Pretty kingsize forged iron and brass
- Very pretty early Schoolbred no end single bed
- Classic Victorian brass and iron super kingsize 6Ft bed
- Pair of walnut Louis XV style bedsides with rose marble tops
- Very pretty forged iron Portuguese no end bed
- Classic Victorian black and brass king size bed
- All original and individual king size French all brass bed
- Newly painted and upholstered king size 5Ft French Lit bateau style bed
- Exceptional early Victorian iron bed
- Pretty French caned single/day bed
- Exquisite detail early Victorian Winfield bed
- European king size original aged brass
- Attractive white and brass double
- Super single simple Irish all iron
- Very pretty naturally aged forged iron
- French mahogany bed and matching bedside
- Simple and individual brass and white bedstead
- Sumptuous French double corbeille
- French kingsize African rosewood bed; (has matching armoire and bedside)
- Handsome French Empire style mahogany with brass details double bed
- Handsome super king size 6Ft classic Victorian bed
- Very pretty early all original Schoolbred double bed
- Lovely individual classic Victorian iron and brass 5Ft king size bed
- Very attractive simple French all iron bedstead with fleurs de lys detail decorative castings
- Exceptional quality French Mercier Feres burr walnut with gilded bronze ormalu mounts king size bed
- Pretty and simple single iron bed
- Pretty forged iron Portuguese
- Pretty pair of meter wide French upholstered
- Very rare king size Winfield all brass
- Attractive king size French iron bed with brass detail
- Louis Philippe style cherry armoire RESERVED
- Pretty pair of solid Walnut Louis XV style beds
- Beautiful solid cherry Louis XVI style upholstered RESERVED
- Solid cherry king size with foliate carvings
- Lovely simple French hand painted superking size bed RESERVED
- Gorgeous French naturally aged eau de nil frame king size
- French walnut and fruit wood veneer,parquetry,ormalu and marquetry
- Pretty English iron king size bed with brass knobs in mid lead grey
- Very attractive French cherry kingsize Lit Bateau
- Attractive pair of black all iron no end single beds
- Fully restored Louis XV style French upholstered super king size
- Magnificent mid 19th Century painted king size Italian bed
- Lovely French walnut Louis XV style king size
- Early Victorian fine line 5Ft king size brass and iron bed
- Empire style French king size original interestingly painted bed
- Beautiful quality Louis XVI style three quarter mahogany bed
- Simple single white iron bed
- Simple iron shabby chic
- Louis XVI style European king size carved oak with fielded panels
- Lovely French Louis XV style newly upholstered
- Classic Victorian no foot end brass and iron
- CLASSIC VICTORIAN THREE QUARTER BRASS AND IRON BED
- Beautiful corbeille king size bed with dark wood frame
- Very handsome pair of large Louis XV beds
- Pair of joining single Gothic Cherry beds
- Timeless classic Edwardian black and brass
- Pretty Victorian half tester in Linen wash
- All original classic Victorian black and brass bed
- Simple all iron king size bed
- Pretty Original painted Directoire French bedroom suite with king size low end bed to be finished in
- Shabby chic gilded and upholstered Louis XV style boudoir king size plus bed
- Newly upholstered French 5Ft king size bed with fluted columns
- Exquisitely beautiful very rare early Louis XV king size
- Pretty French carved painted caned Louis XVI style Bergere king size bed
- Classic Victorian all iron double bed with individual central cross detail
- Pretty carved walnut French Louis XV style double bed
- Impressive solid walnut with barley twist posts and naive carving
- Maple and beech French faux bamboo double
- Lovely original black and brass Victorian
- SOLID MAHOGANY LOUIS XVI STYLE KING SIZE LOWER HEAD BOARD BED
- Pretty single vintage forged iron bed
- Pretty Irish three quarter bed
- Super single pretty Victorian low end
- Lovely simple cherry framed
- French empire style cherry bedroom suite
- Beautiful Louis XV style double corbeille
- Sweet simple small white single
- Stunning Empire style mahogany with brass decoration 5Ft king size bed
- Classic Victorian grey and aged brass
- Striking pair of single brass Art Deco beds
- Fabulous super king size 6Ft very rare Victorian Aesthetic style bed
- Very attractive 5Ft king size all iron bed
- Pretty hand finished single iron bed with porcelain knobs
- Lovely naturally aged individual and simple brass French king size bed with brass ring detail
- Classic Victorian iron and brass king size bed.
- Lovely carved painted low end French king size bed
- Pretty pair of early all iron no end beds
- Original aged brass Edwardian dip rail bed
- Phenomenal and Spectacular enormous Italian bed
- Pretty Louis XV style cherry vitrine display cabinet
- Attractive all original Edwardian single
- Spectacular Louis XVI style parquetry bedroom suite
- Pretty Louis XVI style oak
- Pretty French faux bamboo
- Attractive Edwardian all brass
- Quality mahogany bedroom suite with pair/super super king size
- Amazing beautiful French Louis XVIstyle bergere bedroom suite with kingsize bed (and quality fittin
The restoration of all our brass beds is carried out at our Chelvey workshop by our team of experts.
Dirt and rust built up over the years are stripped away and any damaged castings and bed knobs, either repaired or new parts recast to match.
Brass & Iron
Most of these brass and iron antique beds were made in the second half of the 19th century and originate from England and Western Europe.
Brass and iron beds became very popular from around 1840 and vary from simple ironwork to intricate combinations of iron and brass, porcelain and hand painted finishes.
Depending on the mood that you want to achieve, brass can polished to varying degrees.
A high polish gives an attractive lightness to the bed, whereas lightly polished antique brass a dark romantic patina.
Most of the antique wood beds originate from Southern France, and date from the 19th century.
The design of these bedsteads are revivals of earlier styles, occasionally combining several styles in the same bed. It is this combination of classical designs, larger sizes and craftsmanship that make 19th century beds so popular today.
Bedsteads are offered in natural wood finishes, a wide range of paint effects or can be hand polished to work with your existing furniture.
Some beds retain their original fabrics, condition permitting. However, we do offer an upholstery service.
At Bedsteads we employ our own upholsterer. Generally clients will have identified their chosen fabric but if help is required we have a extensive selection of fabric samples.
For upholstered beds the price quoted includes re-upholstery.