- Attractive Victorian black iron double bed
- French painted caned Bergere kingsize bed
- Very attractive Edwardian all brass double bed
- Very rare white and brass Edwardian bed
- Super king size French upholstered 6Ft bed with original gilded paint work
- Elegant French oak upholstered king size sleigh bed
- Attractive French upholstered king size bed with original gilded paint
- Attractive French newly upholstered king size no end bed
- Gorgeous painted carved and caned French king size bergere bed
- Burr elm 1920s king size bed with very pretty Mother of pearl inlay decoration in head board .
- Pretty Original painted Directoire French bedroom suite with king size low end bed to be finished in
- Very attractive 5ft king size all iron bed
- Lovely naturally aged individual and simple brass French king size bed with brass ring detail
- Lovely carved painted low end French king size bed
- Pretty pair of meter wide French upholstered
- Attractive king size French iron bed with brass detail
- Pretty single vintage forged iron bed
- Solid cherry king size with foliate carvings
- French empire style cherry bedroom suite
- Quality mahogany bedroom suite with pair/super super king size
- French kingsize African rosewood bed; (has matching armoire and bedside)
- Super king size 6Ft classic Victorian brass and iron no end bed
- Lovely Victorian king size half tester by Winfield
- Black and aged brass 5Ft king size classic bed
- Simple black iron single bed
- Lovely original painted French queen size bed,bedside and chairs
- Handsome pair of French Walnut single beds
- Striking French mahogany corbeille large super king size bed
- Handsome 6Ft super king size Victorian classic black and aged brass bed
- Pretty simple Portuguese forged iron double bed
- Stunning Empire style mahogany with brass decoration 5Ft king size bed
- Very pretty early Schoolbred no end single bed
- Exquisitely beautiful very rare early Louis XV king size
- Beautiful quality Louis XVI style three quarter mahogany bed
- Newly painted and upholstered king size 5Ft French Lit bateau style bed
- Maple and beech French faux bamboo double
- Spectacular Louis XVI style parquetry bedroom suite
- Very handsome pair of large Louis XV beds
- Simple and individual brass and white bedstead
- Sumptuous French double corbeille
- Stunning early Victorian brass and iron double bed
- King size All brass bed by F. Andrews of Birmingham
- Sweet little all iron bed
- Individual and handsome classic Victorian king size bed
- Attractive pair of simple French all brass single beds
- Handsome French solid walnut king size 5Ft bed
- Very pretty king size 5ft brass and iron bed
- Exquisite carved rosewood Louis XV style Rococo 5Ft king size bed
- Irish all iron no end king size bed
- Very individual super king size original painted four poster bed
- Very pretty early all original Schoolbred double bed
- Pretty hand finished single iron bed with porcelain knobs
- Classic Victorian all iron double bed with individual central cross detail
- Pretty forged iron Portuguese
- Very rare king size Winfield all brass
- Pretty Louis XV style cherry vitrine display cabinet
- Beautiful solid cherry Louis XVI style upholstered
- Lovely simple cherry framed
- Gorgeous French naturally aged eau de nil frame king size
- French walnut and fruit wood veneer,parquetry,ormalu and marquetry
- Classic Victorian brass and grey iron 5Ft kingsize bed
- Magnificent Louis XVI style mahogany bed
- Grey and aged brass classic Victorian 5Ft king size bed
- Irish super single all iron bed
- Pretty early Victorian three hoop double bed
- Pretty three quarter queen size Victorian brass and iron bed
- Very pretty Winfield no end king size iron and brass bed
- French Elaborately carved good quality caned European king size bed
- All iron black Irish double bed
- Pretty kingsize forged iron and brass
- Magnificent mid 19th Century painted king size Italian bed
- Empire style French king size original interestingly painted bed
- Pretty and simple single iron bed
- Impressive solid walnut with barley twist posts and naive carving
- Lovely French Louis XV style newly upholstered
- European king size original aged brass
- Super single pretty Victorian low end
- French mahogany bed and matching bedside
- Timeless classic Edwardian black and brass
- Sweet simple small white single
- Lovely shaped French king size Corbeille/Sleigh upholstered bed.
- Simple French all brass double bed
- Irish queen size all iron bed
- Attractive Pair of no end single beds
- Very pretty early Victorian 5Ft king size bed with heart detail
- Pretty pair of French meter wide caned gilded beds
- Rare and individual Victorian black and brass double bed.
- Louis XV style roll top newly upholstered and painted King size bed
- Louis XVI style painted bedroom suite with super single bed.
- Shabby chic gilded and upholstered Louis XV style boudoir king size plus bed RESERVED
- Pretty French carved painted caned Louis XVI style Bergere king size bed
- Pretty carved walnut French Louis XV style double bed
- Exceptional early Victorian iron bed
- Phenomenal and Spectacular enormous Italian bed
- Classic Victorian no foot end brass and iron
- Pretty Louis XVI style oak
- Lovely simple French hand painted superking size bed
- Beautiful Louis XV style double corbeille
- Amazing beautiful French Louis XVIstyle bergere bedroom suite with kingsize bed (and quality fittin
The restoration of all our brass beds is carried out at our Chelvey workshop by our team of experts.
Dirt and rust built up over the years are stripped away and any damaged castings and bed knobs, either repaired or new parts recast to match.
Brass & Iron
Most of these brass and iron antique beds were made in the second half of the 19th century and originate from England and Western Europe.
Brass and iron beds became very popular from around 1840 and vary from simple ironwork to intricate combinations of iron and brass, porcelain and hand painted finishes.
Depending on the mood that you want to achieve, brass can polished to varying degrees.
A high polish gives an attractive lightness to the bed, whereas lightly polished antique brass a dark romantic patina.
Most of the antique wood beds originate from Southern France, and date from the 19th century.
The design of these bedsteads are revivals of earlier styles, occasionally combining several styles in the same bed. It is this combination of classical designs, larger sizes and craftsmanship that make 19th century beds so popular today.
Bedsteads are offered in natural wood finishes, a wide range of paint effects or can be hand polished to work with your existing furniture.
Some beds retain their original fabrics, condition permitting. However, we do offer an upholstery service.
At Bedsteads we employ our own upholsterer. Generally clients will have identified their chosen fabric but if help is required we have a extensive selection of fabric samples.
For upholstered beds the price quoted includes re-upholstery.