- Striking French mahogany corbeille large super king size bed
- Attractive French newly upholstered king size no end bed
- Louis XV style roll top newly upholstered and painted King size bed
- Louis XVI style painted bedroom suite with super single bed.
- Very individual super king size original painted four poster bed
- Striking pair of single brass Art Deco beds
- Very pretty forged iron Portuguese no end bed
- Classic Victorian all iron double bed with individual central cross detail
- Newly painted and upholstered king size 5Ft French Lit bateau style bed
- Pretty pair of meter wide French upholstered
- Phenomenal and Spectacular enormous Italian bed
- Pretty Louis XV style cherry vitrine display cabinet
- Pretty Irish three quarter bed
- Solid cherry king size with foliate carvings
- Lovely simple French hand painted superking size bed RESERVED
- Gorgeous French naturally aged eau de nil frame king size
- French walnut and fruit wood veneer,parquetry,ormalu and marquetry
- Classic Victorian brass and grey iron 5Ft kingsize bed RESERVED
- Beautiful French caned Berger king size lit bateau RESERVED
- Handsome 6Ft super king size Victorian classic black and aged brass bed
- Timeless lovely Classic Victorian black and aged brass 5Ft king size bed
- French simple all brass king size bed RESERVED
- Handsome French Empire style mahogany with brass details double bed
- Pretty kingsize forged iron and brass
- Very pretty early Schoolbred no end single bed
- Very attractive 5Ft king size all iron bed
- Empire style French king size original interestingly painted bed
- Classic Victorian iron and brass king size bed. RESERVED
- Pretty forged iron Portuguese
- Louis XVI style European king size carved oak with fielded panels
- Exquisite detail early Victorian Winfield bed
- European king size original aged brass
- Spectacular Louis XVI style parquetry bedroom suite
- Very handsome pair of large Louis XV beds
- Pair of joining single Gothic Cherry beds
- Timeless classic Edwardian black and brass
- Sweet simple small white single
- Attractive French upholstered king size bed with original gilded paint
- Very pretty king size 5Ft brass and iron bed
- Spectacular French burr walnut king size 5Ft bed with ormalu
- Attractive simple French caned and carved bed 5Ft king size bed
- Pretty simple Portuguese forged iron double bed
- Burr elm 1920s king size bed with very pretty Mother of pearl inlay decoration in head board .
- Very pretty early all original Schoolbred double bed
- Lovely individual classic Victorian iron and brass 5Ft king size bed
- Pretty French carved painted caned Louis XVI style Bergere king size bed
- Pretty and simple single iron bed
- Impressive solid walnut with barley twist posts and naive carving
- Maple and beech French faux bamboo double
- Attractive king size French iron bed with brass detail
- Classic Victorian no foot end brass and iron
- Beautiful solid cherry Louis XVI style upholstered RESERVED
- Lovely simple cherry framed
- French empire style cherry bedroom suite
- Beautiful Louis XV style double corbeille
- Amazing beautiful French Louis XVIstyle bergere bedroom suite with kingsize bed (and quality fittin
- Fabulous super king size 6Ft Victorian brass and iron bed
- Very pretty Winfield no end king size iron and brass bed
- Exquisite carved rosewood Louis XV style Rococo 5Ft king size bed
- Classic Edwardian 5Ft king size bed with lovely wavy details
- Irish all iron no end king size bed
- Very attractive French cherry kingsize Lit Bateau
- Fully restored Louis XV style French upholstered super king size
- Magnificent mid 19th Century painted king size Italian bed
- Exquisitely beautiful very rare early Louis XV king size
- Lovely naturally aged individual and simple brass French king size bed with brass ring detail
- Pretty carved walnut French Louis XV style double bed
- Pretty pair of early all iron no end beds
- Very rare king size Winfield all brass
- Pretty single vintage forged iron bed
- Super single pretty Victorian low end
- Pretty French faux bamboo
- Attractive Edwardian all brass
- Quality mahogany bedroom suite with pair/super super king size
- French kingsize African rosewood bed; (has matching armoire and bedside)
- Simple attractive Edwardian black and brass single bed
- Rare and individual Victorian black and brass double bed.
- French Elaborately carved good quality caned European king size bed
- Gorgeous painted carved and caned French king size bergere bed
- All iron black Irish double bed RESERVED
- Stunning Empire style mahogany with brass decoration 5Ft king size bed
- Pretty Original painted Directoire French bedroom suite with king size low end bed to be finished in
- Shabby chic gilded and upholstered Louis XV style boudoir king size plus bed
- Pretty hand finished single iron bed with porcelain knobs
- Beautiful quality Louis XVI style three quarter mahogany bed
- Lovely carved painted low end French king size bed
- Exceptional early Victorian iron bed
- Lovely French Louis XV style newly upholstered
- SOLID MAHOGANY LOUIS XVI STYLE KING SIZE LOWER HEAD BOARD BED
- Pretty pair of solid Walnut Louis XV style beds
- Pretty Louis XVI style oak
- French mahogany bed and matching bedside
- Simple and individual brass and white bedstead
- Sumptuous French double corbeille
The restoration of all our brass beds is carried out at our Chelvey workshop by our team of experts.
Dirt and rust built up over the years are stripped away and any damaged castings and bed knobs, either repaired or new parts recast to match.
Brass & Iron
Most of these brass and iron antique beds were made in the second half of the 19th century and originate from England and Western Europe.
Brass and iron beds became very popular from around 1840 and vary from simple ironwork to intricate combinations of iron and brass, porcelain and hand painted finishes.
Depending on the mood that you want to achieve, brass can polished to varying degrees.
A high polish gives an attractive lightness to the bed, whereas lightly polished antique brass a dark romantic patina.
Most of the antique wood beds originate from Southern France, and date from the 19th century.
The design of these bedsteads are revivals of earlier styles, occasionally combining several styles in the same bed. It is this combination of classical designs, larger sizes and craftsmanship that make 19th century beds so popular today.
Bedsteads are offered in natural wood finishes, a wide range of paint effects or can be hand polished to work with your existing furniture.
Some beds retain their original fabrics, condition permitting. However, we do offer an upholstery service.
At Bedsteads we employ our own upholsterer. Generally clients will have identified their chosen fabric but if help is required we have a extensive selection of fabric samples.
For upholstered beds the price quoted includes re-upholstery.