- Classic Victorian brass and grey iron 5Ft kingsize bed RESERVED
- Attractive French newly upholstered king size no end bed
- Timeless lovely Classic Victorian black and aged brass 5Ft king size bed
- French simple all brass king size bed RESERVED
- Pretty kingsize forged iron and brass
- Lovely individual classic Victorian iron and brass 5Ft king size bed
- Classic Victorian iron and brass king size bed. RESERVED
- Exceptional early Victorian iron bed
- SOLID MAHOGANY LOUIS XVI STYLE KING SIZE LOWER HEAD BOARD BED
- Solid cherry king size with foliate carvings
- Timeless classic Edwardian black and brass
- Attractive French upholstered king size bed with original gilded paint
- Spectacular French burr walnut king size 5Ft bed with ormalu
- Attractive simple French caned and carved bed 5Ft king size bed
- Irish all iron no end king size bed
- Pretty Original painted Directoire French bedroom suite with king size low end bed to be finished in
- Exquisitely beautiful very rare early Louis XV king size
- Lovely carved painted low end French king size bed
- Louis XVI style European king size carved oak with fielded panels
- European king size original aged brass
- Lovely simple cherry framed
- Sumptuous French double corbeille
- Beautiful French caned Berger king size lit bateau RESERVED
- Exquisite carved rosewood Louis XV style Rococo 5Ft king size bed
- Classic Edwardian 5Ft king size bed with lovely wavy details
- Burr elm 1920s king size bed with very pretty Mother of pearl inlay decoration in head board .
- Magnificent mid 19th Century painted king size Italian bed
- Empire style French king size original interestingly painted bed
- Newly painted and upholstered king size 5Ft French Lit bateau style bed
- Very rare king size Winfield all brass
- Classic Victorian no foot end brass and iron
- French mahogany bed and matching bedside
- French walnut and fruit wood veneer,parquetry,ormalu and marquetry
- Very pretty king size 5Ft brass and iron bed
- French Elaborately carved good quality caned European king size bed
- Gorgeous painted carved and caned French king size bergere bed
- Very attractive French cherry kingsize Lit Bateau
- Shabby chic gilded and upholstered Louis XV style boudoir king size plus bed
- Pretty French carved painted caned Louis XVI style Bergere king size bed
- Pretty forged iron Portuguese
- Exquisite detail early Victorian Winfield bed
- Spectacular Louis XVI style parquetry bedroom suite
- French empire style cherry bedroom suite
- Amazing beautiful French Louis XVIstyle bergere bedroom suite with kingsize bed (and quality fittin
- Very pretty Winfield no end king size iron and brass bed
- Louis XV style roll top newly upholstered and painted King size bed
- Stunning Empire style mahogany with brass decoration 5Ft king size bed
- Very attractive 5Ft king size all iron bed
- Lovely naturally aged individual and simple brass French king size bed with brass ring detail
- Impressive solid walnut with barley twist posts and naive carving
- Attractive king size French iron bed with brass detail
- Beautiful solid cherry Louis XVI style upholstered RESERVED
- Gorgeous French naturally aged eau de nil frame king size
- French kingsize African rosewood bed; (has matching armoire and bedside)
Antique Beds : Kingsize
The restoration of all our brass beds is carried out at our Chelvey workshop by our team of experts.
Dirt and rust built up over the years are stripped away and any damaged castings and bed knobs, either repaired or new parts recast to match.
Brass & Iron
Most of these brass and iron antique beds were made in the second half of the 19th century and originate from England and Western Europe.
Brass and iron beds became very popular from around 1840 and vary from simple ironwork to intricate combinations of iron and brass, porcelain and hand painted finishes.
Depending on the mood that you want to achieve, brass can polished to varying degrees.
A high polish gives an attractive lightness to the bed, whereas lightly polished antique brass a dark romantic patina.
Most of the antique wood beds originate from Southern France, and date from the 19th century.
The design of these bedsteads are revivals of earlier styles, occasionally combining several styles in the same bed. It is this combination of classical designs, larger sizes and craftsmanship that make 19th century beds so popular today.
Bedsteads are offered in natural wood finishes, a wide range of paint effects or can be hand polished to work with your existing furniture.
Some beds retain their original fabrics, condition permitting. However, we do offer an upholstery service.
At Bedsteads we employ our own upholsterer. Generally clients will have identified their chosen fabric but if help is required we have a extensive selection of fabric samples.
For upholstered beds the price quoted includes re-upholstery.