- Shabby chic gilded and upholstered Louis XV style boudoir king size plus bed
- Beautiful quality French walnut framed Louis XV style 5Ft king size bed RESERVED
- Empire style French king size original interestingly painted bed
- Exceptional quality French Mercier Feres burr walnut with gilded bronze ormalu mounts king size bed
- Newly painted and upholstered king size 5Ft French Lit bateau style bed
- Louis XVI style European king size carved oak with fielded panels
- SOLID MAHOGANY LOUIS XVI STYLE KING SIZE LOWER HEAD BOARD BED
- Beautiful corbeille king size bed with dark wood frame
- French empire style cherry bedroom suite
- Sumptuous French double corbeille
- French kingsize African rosewood bed; (has matching armoire and bedside)
- Lovely French walnut Louis XV style king size
- Nice quality French mahogany and fruit wood king size bed
- Pretty French carved painted caned Louis XVI style Bergere king size bed
- Simple attractive French caned European king size bed with eau de nil paintwork
- Pretty forged iron Portuguese
- Very rare king size Winfield all brass
- European king size original aged brass
- Solid cherry king size with foliate carvings
- Early black all iron c1890
- French walnut and fruit wood veneer,parquetry,ormalu and marquetry
- Pretty English iron king size bed with brass knobs in mid lead grey
- Newly upholstered French 5Ft king size bed with fluted columns
- Early Victorian fine line 5Ft king size brass and iron bed
- Lovely classic Victorian brass and iron kingsize
- Classic Victorian iron and brass king size bed.
- Simple iron shabby chic
- Very early brass and iron no end
- Classic Victorian no foot end brass and iron
- Lovely simple cherry framed
- Gorgeous French naturally aged eau de nil frame king size
- Pretty Victorian half tester in Linen wash
- Very attractive 5Ft king size all iron bed
- Exquisitely beautiful very rare early Louis XV king size
- Lovely naturally aged individual and simple brass French king size bed with brass ring detail
- All original and individual king size French all brass bed
- Impressive solid walnut with barley twist posts and naive carving
- Exquisite detail early Victorian Winfield bed
- Spectacular Louis XVI style parquetry bedroom suite
- French mahogany bed and matching bedside
- Timeless classic Edwardian black and brass
- Handsome mahogany and fruit wood with parquetry detail
- Lovely individual classic Victorian iron and brass 5Ft king size bed
- Very attractive simple French all iron bedstead with fleurs de lys detail decorative castings
- Classic Victorian black and brass king size bed
- Lovely carved painted low end French king size bed
- Exceptional early Victorian iron bed
- Attractive king size French iron bed with brass detail
- Beautiful solid cherry Louis XVI style upholstered RESERVED
- Very good quality carved oak with matching bedsides
- Individual and pretty iron and brass king size
- Amazing beautiful French Louis XVIstyle bergere bedroom suite with kingsize bed (and quality fittin
Antique Beds : Kingsize
The restoration of all our brass beds is carried out at our Chelvey workshop by our team of experts.
Dirt and rust built up over the years are stripped away and any damaged castings and bed knobs, either repaired or new parts recast to match.
Brass & Iron
Most of these brass and iron antique beds were made in the second half of the 19th century and originate from England and Western Europe.
Brass and iron beds became very popular from around 1840 and vary from simple ironwork to intricate combinations of iron and brass, porcelain and hand painted finishes.
Depending on the mood that you want to achieve, brass can polished to varying degrees.
A high polish gives an attractive lightness to the bed, whereas lightly polished antique brass a dark romantic patina.
Most of the antique wood beds originate from Southern France, and date from the 19th century.
The design of these bedsteads are revivals of earlier styles, occasionally combining several styles in the same bed. It is this combination of classical designs, larger sizes and craftsmanship that make 19th century beds so popular today.
Bedsteads are offered in natural wood finishes, a wide range of paint effects or can be hand polished to work with your existing furniture.
Some beds retain their original fabrics, condition permitting. However, we do offer an upholstery service.
At Bedsteads we employ our own upholsterer. Generally clients will have identified their chosen fabric but if help is required we have a extensive selection of fabric samples.
For upholstered beds the price quoted includes re-upholstery.