- Classic Victorian no foot end brass and iron
- PAIR OF SINGLE NO END BLACK IRON IRISH BEDS
- Pretty Irish three quarter bed
- Lovely pair of French iron single beds
- Beautiful corbeille king size bed with dark wood frame
- Pretty pair of Louis XVI style painted caned beds
- Very handsome pair of large Louis XV beds
- French mahogany bed and matching bedside
- Newly upholstered French Louis XVI sryle
- Attractive simple French grey all iron bed
- Unusual and rare brass and cherry large double
- Handsome French walnut Henri II
- Beautiful Louis XV style double corbeille
- Sumptuous French double corbeille
- Classic Victorian white and aged brass
- Individual Edwardian white and brass double
- French kingsize African rosewood bed; (has matching armoire and bedside)
- Pretty single vintage forged iron bed
- IMPRESSIVE KING SIZE WALNUT LOUIS XV STYLE BED
- Lovely exquisitely simple forged iron king size
- Beautiful solid cherry Louis XVI style upholstered
- Super single pretty Victorian low end
- Handsome Napoleon 11 style mahogany with brass inlay
- Lovely simple cherry framed
- Attractive mahogany French bed with gilded bronze mounts
- French empire style cherry bedroom suite
- Original painted French bergere
- Adaptable French cane double bed/day bed
- Super handsome king size Victorian aged brass and black
- Solid Rosewood corbeille style French wide super king size
- French walnut and fruit wood veneer,parquetry,ormalu and marquetry
- Directoire style two meter wide original painted
- Individual French brass bed with garlands
- Very large bigger than super king size Directoire style French painted bed (part of suite)
- Attractive all original Edwardian single
- Pretty pair of solid Walnut Louis XV style beds
- Spectacular Louis XVI style parquetry bedroom suite
- Most attractive French all iron
- Pretty Louis XVI style oak
- Solid cherry king size with foliate carvings
- Pretty French faux bamboo
- Very good quality carved oak with matching bedsides
- Beautiful original eau de nil painted carved roses bergere caned RESERVED
- Lovely Louis XV style caned
- Simple and individual brass and white bedstead
- Timeless classic Edwardian black and brass
- Quality mahogany bedroom suite with pair/super super king size
- Pretty Victorian half tester in Linen wash
- Original French grey with gilded highlights super king size Empire style
- Early Victorian all iron bed
- Pretty English iron king size bed with brass knobs in mid lead grey
- Attractive white and brass double
- CLASSIC VICTORIAN THREE QUARTER BRASS AND IRON BED
- Very attractive classic Victorian brass and black iron bed
- Very pretty forged iron no end
- Very pretty naturally aged forged iron
- Lovely naturally aged simple brass
- Pretty simple forged iron king size
- Lovely simple French hand painted superking size bed
- Pleasingly simple 1920s all iron
- Attractive Edwardian all brass
- All original king size classic Victorian white and aged brass
- Individual and pretty iron and brass king size
- Striking Art Deco style
- Solid walnut Louis XV
- Prettiest forged iron Portuguese king size bed
- Pair of French bergere style single corbielle beds
- Handsome Victorian black and aged brass bedstead
- Solid walnut Louis XV style
- Super single simple Irish all iron
- Good quality French upholstered
- Fantastic Empire style lit bateau with exquisite gilt bronze mounts
- Quality classic Victorian made by Maple and Co
- Beautiful original paint bergere caned bed RESERVED
- Pair of joining single Gothic Cherry beds
- Simple French iron in contemporary yellow
- Early black all iron c1890
- Gorgeous French naturally aged eau de nil frame king size
- French walnut large superking size corbeille RESERVED
- French walnut Louis XV style
- Sweet simple small white single
- Handsome mahogany and fruit wood with parquetry detail
- Amazing beautiful French Louis XVIstyle bergere bedroom suite with kingsize bed (and quality fittin
The restoration of all our brass beds is carried out at our Chelvey workshop by our team of experts.
Dirt and rust built up over the years are stripped away and any damaged castings and bed knobs, either repaired or new parts recast to match.
Brass & Iron
Most of these brass and iron antique beds were made in the second half of the 19th century and originate from England and Western Europe.
Brass and iron beds became very popular from around 1840 and vary from simple ironwork to intricate combinations of iron and brass, porcelain and hand painted finishes.
Depending on the mood that you want to achieve, brass can polished to varying degrees.
A high polish gives an attractive lightness to the bed, whereas lightly polished antique brass a dark romantic patina.
Most of the antique wood beds originate from Southern France, and date from the 19th century.
The design of these bedsteads are revivals of earlier styles, occasionally combining several styles in the same bed. It is this combination of classical designs, larger sizes and craftsmanship that make 19th century beds so popular today.
Bedsteads are offered in natural wood finishes, a wide range of paint effects or can be hand polished to work with your existing furniture.
Some beds retain their original fabrics, condition permitting. However, we do offer an upholstery service.
At Bedsteads we employ our own upholsterer. Generally clients will have identified their chosen fabric but if help is required we have a extensive selection of fabric samples.
For upholstered beds the price quoted includes re-upholstery.