- French Walnut Henri 11 double bed with garland
- Solid walnut Rococco style big bed
- Gorgeous individual king size brass and iron bedstead
- Classic Victorian large king size black and aged brass
- Original French directoire bed cracked aged paint
- Handsome classic Victorian black and brass
- Early Victorian all iron bed
- Original king size Victorian brass bed
- Super king size Victorian brass and iron bed
- All iron king size French bed in shabby chic aged finish
- Amazing beautiful French Louis XVI style bergere bedroom suite with kingsize bed (and quality fittin
- Good quality gilded carved and caned French king size bed
- Walnut Henri II French double bedstead
- All original Small single French Victorian all brass bedstead
- King size no end black and brass
- Individual Edwardian white and brass double
- Super king size Bergere bed with low foot end
- Classic Victorian brass and white double bed
- Attractive unusual simple forged iron
- Elegant simple Classic Edwardian double
- Astonishing impressive Italian gilded and carved king of beds
- Very pretty forged iron bed
- All original silk upholstered king size French Lit Bateau
- French six foot super king sizewide newly upholstered Lit Bateau
- King size french louis XVI style painted carved caned bed
- Fully restored French upholstered double sleigh bed
- Pretty French silk kingsize Louis XV style upholstered bed
- Louis XV wood edge upholstered b
- Classic Edwardian white and brass dip rail
- Original good quality Victorian brass bed
- 160 cms width French upholstered bed
- Lovely high quality cherry Louis XV bedroom suite
- Classic Victorian Black and brass double bed
- Very pretty single all iron bedstead with no foot board
- Newly upholstered French Louis XV style corbeille bed
- Pair of French caned Louis XV style single beds
- King size painted aged cream with light gilt detail French Empire Style
- Spectacular quality carved and gilded king size French upholstered bed low end bed
- Lovely French three section corbielle king size bed with new grey linen upholstery
- Pretty three quarter classic Victorian brass and iron bedstead restored in antique white
- Attractive king size French all iron bed
- French empire style cherry double
- Art Deco black and chrome double bedstead
- Pretty painted shabby chic Louis XV style bedroom suite
- Pair of French walnut
- Simple Irish iron double bed
- Pair of Edwardian all brass single beds
- Pretty burnished forged iron king size bed
- Handsome all brass Victorian King size bedsteads with original castors
- Pair of French bergere style single corbielle beds
- French kingsize African rosewood bed; (has matching armoire and bedside)
- Very large bigger than super king size Directoire style French painted bed (part of suite)
- Pretty English iron king size bed with brass knobs in mid lead grey
- Mahogany and Rosewood Henri 11 Super king size
- Individual French brass bed with garlands
- Low height large walnut and birds eye maple
- Handsome mahogany empire style with quality ormalu decoration
- French original grey paintwork caned king size
- Pair of 1920s wood and brass single beds
- Pretty Victorian white king size
- Rare, very pretty early Victorian iron king size bed
- Original Edwardian simple all brass double be
- Pair of magnificent quality Louis VX French walnut single beds
- Painted and gilded very ornate Italian bed with low foot end ; and matching three door wardrobe
- Pretty forged iron cream king size bed
- Pair of French upholstered single beds with crackle aged old white paintwork
The restoration of all our brass beds is carried out at our Chelvey workshop by our team of experts.
Dirt and rust built up over the years are stripped away and any damaged castings and bed knobs, either repaired or new parts recast to match.
Brass & Iron
Most of these brass and iron antique beds were made in the second half of the 19th century and originate from England and Western Europe.
Brass and iron beds became very popular from around 1840 and vary from simple ironwork to intricate combinations of iron and brass, porcelain and hand painted finishes.
Depending on the mood that you want to achieve, brass can polished to varying degrees.
A high polish gives an attractive lightness to the bed, whereas lightly polished antique brass a dark romantic patina.
Most of the antique wood beds originate from Southern France, and date from the 19th century.
The design of these bedsteads are revivals of earlier styles, occasionally combining several styles in the same bed. It is this combination of classical designs, larger sizes and craftsmanship that make 19th century beds so popular today.
Bedsteads are offered in natural wood finishes, a wide range of paint effects or can be hand polished to work with your existing furniture.
Some beds retain their original fabrics, condition permitting. However, we do offer an upholstery service.
At Bedsteads we employ our own upholsterer. Generally clients will have identified their chosen fabric but if help is required we have a extensive selection of fabric samples.
For upholstered beds the price quoted includes re-upholstery.