- Beautiful Louis XV style double corbeille
- Gorgeous French king size iron bed with brass detail
- Very pretty classic Victorian brass and iron double
- Pair of classic Victorian singles
- Striking carved and gilded French upholstered
- Classic Victorian white and brass
- Spanish white and brass
- Lovely simple all iron hand finished in blackbird egg paint effect
- Sweet simple small white single
- Italian ornately carved and gilded low foot end upholstered bed
- Empire style French double bed
- Individual Edwardian white and brass double
- Lovely high quality cherry Louis XV bedroom suite
- Pair of French bergere style single corbielle beds
- Very large bigger than super king size Directoire style French painted bed (part of suite)
- French carved and caned Louis XV style
- Mahogany bed with flame veneer and box wood inlay
- French all iron king size in light grey
- Very handsome black and brass Victorian
- Beautiful mahogany French sleigh daybed
- Early Victorian iron in hague blue
- Gothic Victorian all brass with castors
- French walnut and fruit wood veneer,parquetry,ormalu and marquetry
- Classic Victorian white and aged brass
- Irish cottage style black all iron
- Handsome mahogany and fruit wood with parquetry detail
- Individual French brass bed with garlands
- Early Victorian all iron bed
- Amazing beautiful French Louis XVIstyle bergere bedroom suite with kingsize bed (and quality fittin
- Pretty English iron king size bed with brass knobs in mid lead grey
- Carved solid walnut with matching bedsides
- French Renaissance style solid walnut
- Pretty Portuguese in hague blue
- French flame mahogany
- Striking Art Deco style
- French Rosewood Louis XVI style
- French painted bergere caned
- Pretty Victorian half tester in Linen wash
- Solid Walnut empire style
- French carved oak bed with pair of bedsides
- Hand painted white and grey empire style French king size bed
- Art Deco black and chrome double bedstead
- Pretty Victorian white king size
- French kingsize African rosewood bed; (has matching armoire and bedside)
- Pair of French upholstered single beds with crackle aged old white paintwork
- Solid Rosewood corbeille style French wide super king size
- Corbeille wood edge newly upholstered
- Classic Edwardian black and aged brass single
- Classic aged black and brass
- Pair of cherry Louis XV bedsides
- French walnut edge upholstered bed
- Sumptuous French double corbeille
- Pair/super king size Italian Rococco bombe front walnut veneer
- Directoire style two meter wide original painted
- Prettiest forged iron Portuguese king size bed
- Irish cottage style
- 160 cms width French upholstered bed
- Very pretty forged iron bed
- Painted and gilded very ornate Italian bed with low foot end ; and matching three door wardrobe
- French single brass and iron bed
- Attractive simple Irish
- Solid walnut simple Louis XVII
- Quality mahogany bedroom suite with pair/super super king size
- French walnut Louis XV style
- Pretty Victorian Iron bed with little brass details
- Beautiful carved oak marriage bed with matching bedsides and mirror
- Solid walnut Louis XV
- Original French grey with gilded highlights super king size Empire style
- Mahogany and burr walnut
- Extremely rare super king size Winfield all brass bedstead
- Original French directoire bed cracked aged paint
- Pair of French caned Louis XV style single beds
- Good quality gilded carved and caned French king size bed
The restoration of all our brass beds is carried out at our Chelvey workshop by our team of experts.
Dirt and rust built up over the years are stripped away and any damaged castings and bed knobs, either repaired or new parts recast to match.
Brass & Iron
Most of these brass and iron antique beds were made in the second half of the 19th century and originate from England and Western Europe.
Brass and iron beds became very popular from around 1840 and vary from simple ironwork to intricate combinations of iron and brass, porcelain and hand painted finishes.
Depending on the mood that you want to achieve, brass can polished to varying degrees.
A high polish gives an attractive lightness to the bed, whereas lightly polished antique brass a dark romantic patina.
Most of the antique wood beds originate from Southern France, and date from the 19th century.
The design of these bedsteads are revivals of earlier styles, occasionally combining several styles in the same bed. It is this combination of classical designs, larger sizes and craftsmanship that make 19th century beds so popular today.
Bedsteads are offered in natural wood finishes, a wide range of paint effects or can be hand polished to work with your existing furniture.
Some beds retain their original fabrics, condition permitting. However, we do offer an upholstery service.
At Bedsteads we employ our own upholsterer. Generally clients will have identified their chosen fabric but if help is required we have a extensive selection of fabric samples.
For upholstered beds the price quoted includes re-upholstery.