- Handsome mahogany with gilded bronze ormalu
- Provencale carved oak
- Lovely pair of Irish iron single beds ( flexible super king size)
- French walnut large superking size corbeille
- Beautiful big king size Bergere caned bed
- Classic Victorian Dip Rail double bed
- Solid Rosewood corbeille style French wide super king size
- Attractive simple Irish
- Pair of classic Victorian singles
- Pair of cherry Louis XV bedsides
- French painted bergere caned
- Pair/super king size Italian Rococco bombe front walnut veneer
- Original French grey with gilded highlights super king size Empire style
- Hand painted white and grey empire style French king size bed
- Art Deco black and chrome double bedstead
- Pretty Victorian white king size
- French kingsize African rosewood bed; (has matching armoire and bedside)
- Attractive pair of Edwardian dip rail beds
- Timeless classic Edwardian black and brass
- Individual and pretty iron and brass king size
- French Louis XV style caned bergere
- Classic three quarter Victorian brass and iron bed
- Gorgeous French king size iron bed with brass detail
- Very pretty classic Victorian brass and iron double
- French flame mahogany
- French walnut Louis XV style
- Sumptuous French double corbeille
- Solid walnut Louis XV
- Italian ornately carved and gilded low foot end upholstered bed
- Irish cottage style
- 160 cms width French upholstered bed
- Very pretty forged iron bed
- Good quality gilded carved and caned French king size bed
- Lovely painted carved Louis XV style Rococco
- Newly painted and upholstered pretty French
- Lovely walnut framed French upholstered
- Lovely mahogany and brass double
- Early iron no-end bed
- English Arts and Crafts/Gothic satin walnut
- Mahogany bed with flame veneer and box wood inlay
- Pretty Portuguese in hague blue
- Quality mahogany bedroom suite with pair/super super king size
- Early Victorian iron in hague blue
- Lovely simple all iron hand finished in blackbird egg paint effect
- Sweet simple small white single
- Prettiest forged iron Portuguese king size bed
- Extremely rare super king size Winfield all brass bedstead
- Original French directoire bed cracked aged paint
- Pair of French caned Louis XV style single beds
- Very large bigger than super king size Directoire style French painted bed (part of suite)
- Fabulous super king French all iron
- Carved solid oak
- Early walnut framed French upholstered
- Beautiful classic Victorian iron and brass
- Beautiful French Rococo Baroque Italian
- All original classic Victorian brass and iron
- French Renaissance style solid walnut
- Classic Edwardian black and aged brass single
- Beautiful mahogany French sleigh daybed
- Spanish white and brass
- French walnut and fruit wood veneer,parquetry,ormalu and marquetry
- Classic Victorian white and aged brass
- Mahogany and burr walnut
- Individual Edwardian white and brass double
- Lovely high quality cherry Louis XV bedroom suite
- Pair of French bergere style single corbielle beds
- Pretty English iron king size bed with brass knobs in mid lead grey
- Super handsome king size Victorian aged brass and black
- Fully restored French newly upholstered double bed.
- Beautiful mahogany with brass inlay
- Handsome king size flame mahogany with matching bedsides
- French aged brass single
- Beautiful Louis XV style double corbeille
- Corbeille wood edge newly upholstered
- Solid walnut simple Louis XVII
- Striking Art Deco style
- Gothic Victorian all brass with castors
- Pretty Victorian half tester in Linen wash
- Directoire style two meter wide original painted
- Handsome mahogany and fruit wood with parquetry detail
- Individual French brass bed with garlands
- Early Victorian all iron bed
- Amazing beautiful French Louis XVIstyle bergere bedroom suite with kingsize bed (and quality fittin
- Pair of French upholstered single beds with crackle aged old white paintwork
The restoration of all our brass beds is carried out at our Chelvey workshop by our team of experts.
Dirt and rust built up over the years are stripped away and any damaged castings and bed knobs, either repaired or new parts recast to match.
Brass & Iron
Most of these brass and iron antique beds were made in the second half of the 19th century and originate from England and Western Europe.
Brass and iron beds became very popular from around 1840 and vary from simple ironwork to intricate combinations of iron and brass, porcelain and hand painted finishes.
Depending on the mood that you want to achieve, brass can polished to varying degrees.
A high polish gives an attractive lightness to the bed, whereas lightly polished antique brass a dark romantic patina.
Most of the antique wood beds originate from Southern France, and date from the 19th century.
The design of these bedsteads are revivals of earlier styles, occasionally combining several styles in the same bed. It is this combination of classical designs, larger sizes and craftsmanship that make 19th century beds so popular today.
Bedsteads are offered in natural wood finishes, a wide range of paint effects or can be hand polished to work with your existing furniture.
Some beds retain their original fabrics, condition permitting. However, we do offer an upholstery service.
At Bedsteads we employ our own upholsterer. Generally clients will have identified their chosen fabric but if help is required we have a extensive selection of fabric samples.
For upholstered beds the price quoted includes re-upholstery.