- Fantastic Empire style lit bateau with exquisite gilt bronze mounts
- Solid cherry king size with foliate carvings
- Quality classic Victorian made by Maple and Co
- Beautiful original paint bergere caned bed
- Very good quality carved oak with matching bedsides
- French empire style cherry bedroom suite
- Unusual and rare brass and cherry large double
- Adaptable French cane double bed/day bed
- Gorgeous French naturally aged eau de nil frame king size
- Super handsome king size Victorian aged brass and black
- Classic three quarter Victorian brass and iron bed
- Solid walnut simple Louis XVII
- French painted bergere caned
- Sweet simple small white single
- Prettiest forged iron Portuguese king size bed
- 160 cms width French upholstered bed
- French kingsize African rosewood bed; (has matching armoire and bedside)
- Pretty pair of Louis XVI style painted caned beds
- Simple attractive pair of French caned
- Very handsome pair of large Louis XV with matching bedsides
- French mahogany bed and matching bedside
- Lovely simple French hand painted superking size bed
- Empire style French mahogany
- Original painted French bergere
- INDIVIDUAL 160CM WIDE FRENCH ALL BRASS BED
- Lovely quality impressive walnut kingsize Louis XV style
- Timeless classic Edwardian black and brass
- Beautiful Louis XV style double corbeille
- Quality mahogany bedroom suite with pair/super super king size
- Sumptuous French double corbeille
- Classic Victorian white and aged brass
- Handsome mahogany and fruit wood with parquetry detail
- Lovely high quality cherry Louis XV bedroom suite
- Very large bigger than super king size Directoire style French painted bed (part of suite)
- Very pretty early Victorian no end
- Simple single Edwardian black and brass dip rail
- Lovely simple cherry framed
- Very attractive French oak double
- Pair of joining single Gothic Cherry beds
- Beautiful original eau de nil painted carved roses bergere caned
- Lovely Louis XV style caned
- Exquisite Louis XV Rococo style bed and matching bedside.
- Simple and individual brass and white bedstead
- Pretty lower height parquetry and marquetry French walnut
- Newly painted and upholstered pretty French
- Solid Rosewood corbeille style French wide super king size
- Striking Art Deco style
- French walnut and fruit wood veneer,parquetry,ormalu and marquetry
- Directoire style two meter wide original painted
- Irish cottage style
- Early Victorian all iron bed
- Pretty English iron king size bed with brass knobs in mid lead grey
- Lovely black and all original brass single
- Attractive pair of naturally aged simple French brass
- Pretty French faux bamboo
- Attractive mahogany French bed with gilded bronze mounts
- Newly upholstered French Louis XVI sryle
- Pleasingly simple 1920s all iron
- Attractive Edwardian all brass
- COLONIAL STYLE SOLID OAK NO END DOUBLE BED
- All original king size classic Victorian white and aged brass
- Lovely simple Irish all iron in black
- Individual and pretty iron and brass king size
- Corbeille wood edge newly upholstered
- French walnut Louis XV style
- Pretty Victorian half tester in Linen wash
- Original French grey with gilded highlights super king size Empire style
- Individual Edwardian white and brass double
- Pair of French bergere style single corbielle beds
- Handsome Napoleon 11 style mahogany with brass inlay
- Very handsome classic Victorian
- Pretty simple forged iron king size
- Magnificent burr walnut and flame mahogany
- Fabulous Victorian king size in old white
- Simple French iron in contemporary yellow
- Early black all iron c1890
- Nice quality Rosewood quarter veneer
- Beautifully restored classic Victorian brass and grey
- Handsome French walnut Henri II
- French walnut large superking size corbeille
- Attractive simple Irish
- Spanish white and brass
- Solid walnut Louis XV
- Italian ornately carved and gilded low foot end upholstered bed
- Individual French brass bed with garlands
- Amazing beautiful French Louis XVIstyle bergere bedroom suite with kingsize bed (and quality fittin
The restoration of all our brass beds is carried out at our Chelvey workshop by our team of experts.
Dirt and rust built up over the years are stripped away and any damaged castings and bed knobs, either repaired or new parts recast to match.
Brass & Iron
Most of these brass and iron antique beds were made in the second half of the 19th century and originate from England and Western Europe.
Brass and iron beds became very popular from around 1840 and vary from simple ironwork to intricate combinations of iron and brass, porcelain and hand painted finishes.
Depending on the mood that you want to achieve, brass can polished to varying degrees.
A high polish gives an attractive lightness to the bed, whereas lightly polished antique brass a dark romantic patina.
Most of the antique wood beds originate from Southern France, and date from the 19th century.
The design of these bedsteads are revivals of earlier styles, occasionally combining several styles in the same bed. It is this combination of classical designs, larger sizes and craftsmanship that make 19th century beds so popular today.
Bedsteads are offered in natural wood finishes, a wide range of paint effects or can be hand polished to work with your existing furniture.
Some beds retain their original fabrics, condition permitting. However, we do offer an upholstery service.
At Bedsteads we employ our own upholsterer. Generally clients will have identified their chosen fabric but if help is required we have a extensive selection of fabric samples.
For upholstered beds the price quoted includes re-upholstery.