- Attractive European Kingsize French painted bed
- Striking Classic Victorian black and aged brass double bed
- Gilded French newly upholstered king size low end bed
- Attractive French Empire style newly upholstered
- Pretty forged iron king size bed
- Super single Irish all iron
- Spectacular super king size Italian sleigh
- Classic Victorian brass and iron double bed
- Elegant Victorian aged brass king size bed
- Simple French king size all iron bed
- Beautiful Rosewood Louis XVI style double bed
- Irish queen size all iron bed
- Striking French mahogany corbeille large super king size bed
- Gorgeous painted carved and caned French king size bergere bed
- Exquisitely beautiful very rare early Louis XV king size
- Pretty forged iron Portuguese
- European king size original aged brass
- Very handsome pair of large Louis XV beds
- Simple and individual brass and white bedstead
- French walnut and fruit wood veneer,parquetry,ormalu and marquetry
- Fashionable simple French all brass king size
- Top quality Henri II style burr walnut and mahogany double bed
- Pair of unique Victorian No-Ends with original naturally aged brass knobs
- Beautiful carved solid Walnut Neo- Renaissance style
- Handsome king size Victorian all brass king size bed
- Stylish and interesting forged iron kingsize bedx
- Single French all iron bed
- Rare classic Victorian decorative bed
- King size grey iron and aged brass no end bed
- Pretty Portuguese king size iron bed
- French painted caned Bergere kingsize bed
- Individual and handsome classic Victorian king size bed
- Very pretty Winfield no end king size iron and brass bed
- Irish all iron no end king size bed
- Pretty Original painted Directoire French bedroom suite with king size low end bed to be finished in
- Pretty French carved painted caned Louis XVI style Bergere king size bed
- Very rare king size Winfield all brass
- Pretty single vintage forged iron bed
- Lovely simple cherry framed
- Timeless classic Edwardian black and brass
- Sweet simple small white single
- Fabulous Italian Carved painted newly upholstered large king size bed.
- Magnificent Mahogany and fruit wood parquetry king size bed
- Extremely rare hand painted double three hoop bed
- Very pretty forged iron low end
- French solid walnut Louis XV style
- Very pretty forged iron day bed
- Very handsome burnished iron and aged brass bed
- Lovely carved oa Bretton marriage bed
- Lovely pair of black and aged brass single beds
- Classic Edwardian all brass single bed
- Magnificent Louis XVI style mahogany bed
- Super king size French upholstered 6Ft bed with original gilded paint work
- Exquisite carved rosewood Louis XV style Rococo 5Ft king size bed
- Louis XVI style painted bedroom suite with super single bed
- Very pretty early Schoolbred no end single bed
- Classic Victorian all iron double bed with individual central cross detail
- Phenomenal and Spectacular enormous Italian bed
- Spectacular Louis XVI style parquetry bedroom suite
- French mahogany bed and matching bedside
- Beautiful Louis XV style double corbeille
- Amazing beautiful French Louis XVIstyle bergere bedroom suite with kingsize bed (and quality fittin
- Superb quality double brass bed
- Individual classic Victorian no end double bed
- Pretty early Victorian king size all iron bed
- Striking Bergere caned corbeille king size
- All original three hoop iron bed with floral detail
- Pretty forged iron and brass single bed
- Attractive simple all brass double bed
- Simple French King size iron bed hand painted black
- Pretty Queen size Victorian brass and iron
- Pleasing French super king size restored upholstered bed
- Simple French all brass double bed
- Pretty early Victorian three hoop double bed
- French Elaborately carved good quality caned European king size bed
- Burr elm 1920s king size bed with very pretty Mother of pearl inlay decoration in head board
- Very pretty early all original Schoolbred double bed
- Lovely carved painted low end French king size bed RESERVED
- Attractive king size French iron bed with brass detail
- Beautiful solid cherry Louis XVI style upholstered
- Lovely simple French hand painted superking size bed
- Quality mahogany bedroom suite with pair/super super king size
- King size Empire style Eau de nil caned bergere bed
- King size Classic Victorian grey and brass bed
- Pair of Heals Edwardian brass beds
- Two meter wide super king French walnut bed
- Solid walnut Louis XV style Rococo bed with bedsides
- Pretty in pink pair of French newly upholstered beds
- Individual queen size Spanish brass and iron bed
- Pretty and unusual single brass iron bed.
- Classic Victorian king size grey and aged brass bed
- Classic Victorian brass and iron king size bed in grey tone
- Very attractive Edwardian all brass double bed
- Pretty pair of French meter wide caned gilded beds
- Louis XV style roll top newly upholstered and painted King size bed
- Stunning Empire style mahogany with brass decoration 5Ft king size bed
- Magnificent mid 19th Century painted king size Italian bed
- Newly painted and upholstered king size 5Ft French Lit bateau style bed
- Super single pretty Victorian low end
- French empire style cherry bedroom suite
- Sumptuous French double corbeille
The restoration of all our brass beds is carried out at our Chelvey workshop by our team of experts.
Dirt and rust built up over the years are stripped away and any damaged castings and bed knobs, either repaired or new parts recast to match.
Brass & Iron
Most of these brass and iron antique beds were made in the second half of the 19th century and originate from England and Western Europe.
Brass and iron beds became very popular from around 1840 and vary from simple ironwork to intricate combinations of iron and brass, porcelain and hand painted finishes.
Depending on the mood that you want to achieve, brass can polished to varying degrees.
A high polish gives an attractive lightness to the bed, whereas lightly polished antique brass a dark romantic patina.
Most of the antique wood beds originate from Southern France, and date from the 19th century.
The design of these bedsteads are revivals of earlier styles, occasionally combining several styles in the same bed. It is this combination of classical designs, larger sizes and craftsmanship that make 19th century beds so popular today.
Bedsteads are offered in natural wood finishes, a wide range of paint effects or can be hand polished to work with your existing furniture.
Some beds retain their original fabrics, condition permitting. However, we do offer an upholstery service.
At Bedsteads we employ our own upholsterer. Generally clients will have identified their chosen fabric but if help is required we have a extensive selection of fabric samples.
For upholstered beds the price quoted includes re-upholstery.