- Chinoiserie influence caned double bed with spring base
- Lovely pair of Walnut single beds with inlay detail
- Spectacular and individual 6Ft super king size Victorian bed with brass and porcelain detail
- Handsome 6Ft super kings size Black and brass
- Fabulous Italian Carved painted newly upholstered large king size bed.
- Gilded French newly upholstered king size low end bed
- Striking Bergere caned corbeille king size
- Very pretty forged iron day bed
- Individual queen size Spanish brass and iron bed
- Elegant Victorian aged brass king size bed
- Classic Edwardian all brass single bed
- King size All brass bed by F. Andrews of Birmingham
- Pretty early Victorian three hoop double bed
- Gorgeous painted carved and caned French king size bergere bed
- Pretty French carved painted caned Louis XVI style Bergere king size bed
- Very handsome pair of large Louis XV beds
- Beautiful Louis XV style double corbeille
- Amazing beautiful French Louis XVIstyle bergere bedroom suite with kingsize bed (and quality fittin
- Beautiful quarter veneer king size Louis XV style bed
- Individual Art Nouveau detail 6Ft super king size black and brass bed
- Pretty pair of small single no end beds (can be joined)
- Whytock and Reid solid Mahogany large king size bed
- Superb quality double brass bed
- Extremely rare hand painted double three hoop bed
- Pretty forged iron king size bed
- Pretty forged iron and brass single bed
- Classic Victorian brass and iron double bed
- Pretty Queen size Victorian brass and iron
- Pleasing French super king size restored upholstered bed
- Magnificent Louis XVI style mahogany bed
- Pretty pair of French meter wide caned gilded beds
- Irish all iron no end king size bed
- Pretty Original painted Directoire French bedroom suite with king size low end bed to be finished in
- Newly painted and upholstered king size 5Ft French Lit bateau style bed
- Pretty single vintage forged iron bed
- Lovely simple cherry framed
- Quality mahogany bedroom suite with pair/super super king size
- Carved frame newly upholstered French Empire style king size bed
- Attractive Pair of French all iron single beds (can be joined)
- Fashionably simple all iron double bed
- Classic Victorian black and aged brass king size bed
- King size Empire style Eau de nil caned bergere bed
- Pretty early Victorian king size all iron bed
- Handsome king size Victorian all brass king size bed
- Spectacular super king size Italian sleigh
- Rare classic Victorian decorative bed
- Classic Victorian king size grey and aged brass bed
- Classic Victorian brass and iron king size bed in grey tone
- Simple French all brass double bed
- Striking French mahogany corbeille large super king size bed
- Louis XVI style painted bedroom suite with super single bed
- Very pretty early Schoolbred no end single bed
- Pretty forged iron Portuguese
- Spectacular Louis XVI style parquetry bedroom suite
- French mahogany bed and matching bedside
- Sumptuous French double corbeille
- Fabulous pair of Art Deco style all brass meter wide single beds
- Classic Victorian super king size no end black and brass bed
- Pair of pretty French low end single upholstered beds
- Attractive European Kingsize French painted bed
- Top quality Henri II style burr walnut and mahogany double bed
- Attractive French Empire style newly upholstered double
- Super single Irish all iron
- Very handsome burnished iron and aged brass bed
- Lovely carved oa Bretton marriage bed
- Simple French king size all iron bed
- Beautiful Rosewood Louis XVI style double bed
- Very attractive Edwardian all brass double bed
- Very pretty Winfield no end king size iron and brass bed
- Burr elm 1920s king size bed with very pretty Mother of pearl inlay decoration in head board
- Very pretty early all original Schoolbred double bed
- Very rare king size Winfield all brass
- Beautiful solid cherry Louis XVI style upholstered
- Lovely simple French hand painted superking size bed
- French walnut and fruit wood veneer,parquetry,ormalu and marquetry
- Lovely Irish cottage style 5Ft all iron king size bed
- Beautiful fruit wood and ormalu king size bed with matching bedsides
- Stunning super king size Brass bed by Schoolbred
- Fashionable simple French all brass king size
- King size Classic Victorian grey and brass bed
- Very pretty forged iron low end
- Stylish and interesting forged iron kingsize bedx
- Attractive simple all brass double bed
- Simple French King size iron bed hand painted black
- Pretty Portuguese king size iron bed
- French painted caned Bergere kingsize bed
- Individual and handsome classic Victorian king size bed
- Exquisite carved rosewood Louis XV style Rococo 5Ft king size bed
- Stunning Empire style mahogany with brass decoration 5Ft king size bed
- Magnificent mid 19th Century painted king size Italian bed
- Phenomenal and Spectacular enormous Italian bed
- Super single pretty Victorian low end
- Simple and individual brass and white bedstead
- Sweet simple small white single
The restoration of all our brass beds is carried out at our Chelvey workshop by our team of experts.
Dirt and rust built up over the years are stripped away and any damaged castings and bed knobs, either repaired or new parts recast to match.
Brass & Iron
Most of these brass and iron antique beds were made in the second half of the 19th century and originate from England and Western Europe.
Brass and iron beds became very popular from around 1840 and vary from simple ironwork to intricate combinations of iron and brass, porcelain and hand painted finishes.
Depending on the mood that you want to achieve, brass can polished to varying degrees.
A high polish gives an attractive lightness to the bed, whereas lightly polished antique brass a dark romantic patina.
Most of the antique wood beds originate from Southern France, and date from the 19th century.
The design of these bedsteads are revivals of earlier styles, occasionally combining several styles in the same bed. It is this combination of classical designs, larger sizes and craftsmanship that make 19th century beds so popular today.
Bedsteads are offered in natural wood finishes, a wide range of paint effects or can be hand polished to work with your existing furniture.
Some beds retain their original fabrics, condition permitting. However, we do offer an upholstery service.
At Bedsteads we employ our own upholsterer. Generally clients will have identified their chosen fabric but if help is required we have a extensive selection of fabric samples.
For upholstered beds the price quoted includes re-upholstery.