- Lovely French 5Ft king size iron and brass bed
- Striking French mahogany king size bed with gilded mounts
- Classic Victorian no end double bed.
- Fabulous newly upholstered super king size demi corbeille bed
- Pretty simple painted iron single bed
- Rare fabulous double corbeille burr walnut Emperor size bed
- Beautiful quarter veneer king size Louis XV style bed
- Spectacular and individual 6Ft super king size Victorian bed with brass and porcelain detail
- Fashionable simple French all brass king size
- Extremely rare hand painted double three hoop bed
- Handsome king size Victorian all brass king size bed
- Attractive simple all brass double bed
- Pretty Portuguese king size iron bed
- King size All brass bed by F. Andrews of Birmingham
- Striking French mahogany corbeille large super king size bed
- Louis XVI style painted bedroom suite with super single bed
- Newly painted and upholstered king size 5Ft French Lit bateau style bed
- Spectacular Louis XVI style parquetry bedroom suite
- French mahogany bed and matching bedside
- Sumptuous French double corbeille
- Very attractive French upholstered day bed
- Pretty early Victorian double brass and iron bed
- Lovely fashionable all iron king size bed
- Very nice classic Edwardian brass and iron dip rail
- Elegant and sunning king size Winfield bed
- Pair of Edwardian single brass and iron beds (can be joined)
- Carved frame newly upholstered French Empire style king size bed
- Pretty pair of small single no end beds (can be joined)
- Fabulous Italian Carved painted newly upholstered large king size bed.
- Pretty early Victorian king size all iron bed
- Stylish and interesting forged iron kingsize bedx
- Lovely carved oak Breton marriage bed
- Classic Edwardian all brass single bed
- Simple French all brass double bed
- Very pretty Winfield no end king size iron and brass bed
- Burr elm 1920s king size bed with very pretty Mother of pearl inlay decoration in head board
- Pretty forged iron Portuguese
- Beautiful solid cherry Louis XVI style upholstered
- Lovely simple French hand painted superking size bed
- French walnut and fruit wood veneer,parquetry,ormalu and marquetry
- Gorgeous French Empire style upholstered double bed
- Very attractive brass and iron classic Victorian bed
- Attractive Irish all iron queen size bed
- Solid Walnut simple Louis XV style double.
- Pleasingly simple all iron king size bed
- Extremely rare solid walnut super kingsize bed
- Lovely pair of Walnut single beds with inlay detail
- Pair of pretty French low end single upholstered beds
- King size Empire style Eau de nil caned bergere bed
- Very pretty forged iron low end
- Pretty forged iron and brass single bed
- Simple French King size iron bed hand painted black
- Pleasing French super king size restored upholstered bed
- Very attractive Edwardian all brass double bed
- Exquisite carved rosewood Louis XV style Rococo 5Ft king size bed
- Pretty Original painted Directoire French bedroom suite with king size low end bed to be finished in
- Phenomenal and Spectacular enormous Italian bed
- Super single pretty Victorian low end
- Simple and individual brass and white bedstead
- Sweet simple small white single
- Lovely early Victorian iron and brass 5Ftking size bed
- Handsome classic Victorian 6Ft super king size bed
- Beautiful fruit wood and ormalu king size with matching bedsides
- Lovely carved walnut Louis XV style double bed
- French mahogany extra long Louis XV style double bed with mattress
- Newly upholstered Lit bateau style king size bed
- Individual Art Nouveau detail 6Ft super king size black and brass bed
- Stunning super king size Brass bed by Schoolbred
- Top quality Henri II style burr walnut and mahogany double bed
- Striking Bergere caned corbeille king size
- Spectacular super king size Italian sleigh
- Elegant Victorian aged brass king size bed
- Classic Victorian brass and iron king size bed in grey tone
- Individual and handsome classic Victorian king size bed
- Gorgeous painted carved and caned French king size bergere bed
- Magnificent mid 19th Century painted king size Italian bed
- Incredible quality French walnut super king size bed
- Very handsome pair of large Louis XV beds
- Beautiful Louis XV style double corbeille
- Amazing beautiful French Louis XVIstyle bergere bedroom suite with kingsize bed (and quality fittin
- Exceptional rare early Louis XV scroll top king size bed
- Pretty forged iron double bed
- Pretty pair of single white and brass beds with rings and spindle details (can be joined)
- All brass single bed by Schoolbred
- Pretty newly upholstered French double bed
- Chinoiserie influence caned double bed with spring base
- Beautiful fruit wood and ormalu king size bed with matching bedsides
- Attractive European Kingsize French painted bed
- Gilded French newly upholstered king size low end bed
- Pretty forged iron king size bed
- Very handsome burnished iron and aged brass bed
- Pretty Queen size Victorian brass and iron
- French painted caned Bergere kingsize bed
- Pretty pair of French meter wide caned gilded beds
- Irish all iron no end king size bed
- Pretty French carved painted caned Louis XVI style Bergere king size bed
- Pretty single vintage forged iron bed
- Lovely simple cherry framed
- Quality mahogany bedroom suite with pair/super super king size
The restoration of all our brass beds is carried out at our Chelvey workshop by our team of experts.
Dirt and rust built up over the years are stripped away and any damaged castings and bed knobs, either repaired or new parts recast to match.
Brass & Iron
Most of these brass and iron antique beds were made in the second half of the 19th century and originate from England and Western Europe.
Brass and iron beds became very popular from around 1840 and vary from simple ironwork to intricate combinations of iron and brass, porcelain and hand painted finishes.
Depending on the mood that you want to achieve, brass can polished to varying degrees.
A high polish gives an attractive lightness to the bed, whereas lightly polished antique brass a dark romantic patina.
Most of the antique wood beds originate from Southern France, and date from the 19th century.
The design of these bedsteads are revivals of earlier styles, occasionally combining several styles in the same bed. It is this combination of classical designs, larger sizes and craftsmanship that make 19th century beds so popular today.
Bedsteads are offered in natural wood finishes, a wide range of paint effects or can be hand polished to work with your existing furniture.
Some beds retain their original fabrics, condition permitting. However, we do offer an upholstery service.
At Bedsteads we employ our own upholsterer. Generally clients will have identified their chosen fabric but if help is required we have a extensive selection of fabric samples.
For upholstered beds the price quoted includes re-upholstery.