- Very nice original paint French king size caned bergere
- Pleasingly simple early Victorian brass and iron king size bed with forged iron panel
- Lovely French king size brass and iron bed
- Lovely fashionable all iron king size bed
- Pretty forged iron king size bed
- Classic Victorian brass and iron king size bed in grey tone
- Exquisite carved rosewood Louis XV style Rococo 5Ft king size bed
- Spectacular Louis XVI style parquetry bedroom suite
- French walnut and fruit wood veneer,parquetry,ormalu and marquetry
- Fashinably simple French all size
- Absolutely lovely all original all brass king size
- Solid cherry king size bed (matching armoire separate)
- Carved frame newly upholstered French Empire style king size bed
- Handsome king size Victorian all brass king size bed
- French painted caned Bergere kingsize bed
- Pretty Original painted Directoire French bedroom suite with king size low end bed to be finished in
- Beautiful solid cherry Louis XVI style upholstered
- French caned bergere king size bed
- Nice all iron Victorian Irish king size bed
- Lovely French 5Ft king size iron and brass bed
- Attractive European Kingsize French painted bed
- Stylish and interesting forged iron kingsize bedx
- King size All brass bed by F. Andrews of Birmingham
- Magnificent mid 19th Century painted king size Italian bed
- Lovely simple cherry framed
- Newly upholstered king size French Lit Bateau
- Classic Victorian 5Ft brass and iron king size
- Exceptional rare early Louis XV scroll top king size bed
- Fashionable simple French all brass king size
- Elegant Victorian aged brass king size bed
- Individual and handsome classic Victorian king size bed
- Pretty French carved painted caned Louis XVI style Bergere king size bed
- French mahogany bed and matching bedside
- Gorgeous faded glory king size lit bateau with turned columns.
- Pleasing all iron Irish king size no end bed
- Striking French mahogany king size bed with gilded mounts
- Gilded French newly upholstered king size low end bed
- Pretty Portuguese king size iron bed
- Very pretty Winfield no end king size iron and brass bed
- Pretty forged iron Portuguese
- Sumptuous French double corbeille
Antique Beds : Kingsize
The restoration of all our brass beds is carried out at our Chelvey workshop by our team of experts.
Dirt and rust built up over the years are stripped away and any damaged castings and bed knobs, either repaired or new parts recast to match.
Brass & Iron
Most of these brass and iron antique beds were made in the second half of the 19th century and originate from England and Western Europe.
Brass and iron beds became very popular from around 1840 and vary from simple ironwork to intricate combinations of iron and brass, porcelain and hand painted finishes.
Depending on the mood that you want to achieve, brass can polished to varying degrees.
A high polish gives an attractive lightness to the bed, whereas lightly polished antique brass a dark romantic patina.
Most of the antique wood beds originate from Southern France, and date from the 19th century.
The design of these bedsteads are revivals of earlier styles, occasionally combining several styles in the same bed. It is this combination of classical designs, larger sizes and craftsmanship that make 19th century beds so popular today.
Bedsteads are offered in natural wood finishes, a wide range of paint effects or can be hand polished to work with your existing furniture.
Some beds retain their original fabrics, condition permitting. However, we do offer an upholstery service.
At Bedsteads we employ our own upholsterer. Generally clients will have identified their chosen fabric but if help is required we have a extensive selection of fabric samples.
For upholstered beds the price quoted includes re-upholstery.