- Very handsome burnished iron and aged brass bed
- Fully Reupholstered French King size Corbeille bed
- Pretty Portuguese king size iron bed
- Handsome French solid walnut king size 5Ft bed
- Louis XV style roll top newly upholstered and painted King size bed
- Pretty Original painted Directoire French bedroom suite with king size low end bed to be finished in
- Lovely carved painted low end French king size bed RESERVED
- European king size original aged brass
- French empire style cherry bedroom suite
- Amazing beautiful French Louis XVIstyle bergere bedroom suite with kingsize bed (and quality fittin
- Newly upholstered Empire style king size painted bed
- Elegant Victorian aged brass king size bed
- Classic Victorian brass and iron king size bed in grey tone
- Very pretty Winfield no end king size iron and brass bed
- Gorgeous painted carved and caned French king size bergere bed
- Magnificent mid 19th Century painted king size Italian bed
- Newly painted and upholstered king size 5Ft French Lit bateau style bed
- Spectacular Louis XVI style parquetry bedroom suite
- Gorgeous French naturally aged eau de nil frame king size
- French kingsize African rosewood bed; (has matching armoire and bedside)
- French classic Victorian grey and brass bed
- King size grey iron and aged brass no end bed
- French painted caned Bergere kingsize bed
- Attractive French newly upholstered king size no end bed
- Irish all iron no end king size bed
- Shabby chic gilded and upholstered Louis XV style boudoir king size plus bed
- Pretty forged iron Portuguese
- Beautiful solid cherry Louis XVI style upholstered
- Timeless classic Edwardian black and brass
- Very Handsome Mahogany king size bed with a pair matching bedsides
- Classic Victorian king size grey and aged brass bed
- Magnificent Louis XVI style mahogany bed
- Exquisite carved rosewood Louis XV style Rococo 5Ft king size bed
- Burr elm 1920s king size bed with very pretty Mother of pearl inlay decoration in head board
- Exquisitely beautiful very rare early Louis XV king size
- Very rare king size Winfield all brass
- Lovely simple cherry framed
- Sumptuous French double corbeille
- Simple French King size iron bed hand painted black
- Simple French king size all iron bed
- Individual and handsome classic Victorian king size bed
- French Elaborately carved good quality caned European king size bed
- Stunning Empire style mahogany with brass decoration 5Ft king size bed
- Pretty French carved painted caned Louis XVI style Bergere king size bed
- Attractive king size French iron bed with brass detail
- French mahogany bed and matching bedside
- French walnut and fruit wood veneer,parquetry,ormalu and marquetry
Antique Beds : Kingsize
The restoration of all our brass beds is carried out at our Chelvey workshop by our team of experts.
Dirt and rust built up over the years are stripped away and any damaged castings and bed knobs, either repaired or new parts recast to match.
Brass & Iron
Most of these brass and iron antique beds were made in the second half of the 19th century and originate from England and Western Europe.
Brass and iron beds became very popular from around 1840 and vary from simple ironwork to intricate combinations of iron and brass, porcelain and hand painted finishes.
Depending on the mood that you want to achieve, brass can polished to varying degrees.
A high polish gives an attractive lightness to the bed, whereas lightly polished antique brass a dark romantic patina.
Most of the antique wood beds originate from Southern France, and date from the 19th century.
The design of these bedsteads are revivals of earlier styles, occasionally combining several styles in the same bed. It is this combination of classical designs, larger sizes and craftsmanship that make 19th century beds so popular today.
Bedsteads are offered in natural wood finishes, a wide range of paint effects or can be hand polished to work with your existing furniture.
Some beds retain their original fabrics, condition permitting. However, we do offer an upholstery service.
At Bedsteads we employ our own upholsterer. Generally clients will have identified their chosen fabric but if help is required we have a extensive selection of fabric samples.
For upholstered beds the price quoted includes re-upholstery.