- Elegant and sunning king size Winfield bed
- Lovely Irish cottage style 5Ft all iron king size bed
- King size Classic Victorian grey and brass bed
- Handsome king size Victorian all brass king size bed
- Pretty Portuguese king size iron bed
- Individual and handsome classic Victorian king size bed
- Burr elm 1920s king size bed with very pretty Mother of pearl inlay decoration in head board
- Newly painted and upholstered king size 5Ft French Lit bateau style bed
- French mahogany bed and matching bedside
- Pleasingly simple all iron king size bed
- Classic Victorian black and aged brass king size bed
- Gilded French newly upholstered king size low end bed
- Stylish and interesting forged iron kingsize bedx
- Classic Victorian brass and iron king size bed in grey tone
- Very pretty Winfield no end king size iron and brass bed
- Stunning Empire style mahogany with brass decoration 5Ft king size bed
- Pretty forged iron Portuguese
- Sumptuous French double corbeille
- Newly upholstered Lit bateau style king size bed
- Attractive European Kingsize French painted bed
- Pretty early Victorian king size all iron bed
- Very handsome burnished iron and aged brass bed
- French painted caned Bergere kingsize bed
- Exquisite carved rosewood Louis XV style Rococo 5Ft king size bed
- Pretty Original painted Directoire French bedroom suite with king size low end bed to be finished in
- Spectacular Louis XVI style parquetry bedroom suite
- French walnut and fruit wood veneer,parquetry,ormalu and marquetry
- Beautiful quarter veneer king size Louis XV style bed
- Fashionable simple French all brass king size
- Striking Bergere caned corbeille king size
- Simple French King size iron bed hand painted black
- King size All brass bed by F. Andrews of Birmingham
- Gorgeous painted carved and caned French king size bergere bed
- Magnificent mid 19th Century painted king size Italian bed
- Beautiful solid cherry Louis XVI style upholstered
- Amazing beautiful French Louis XVIstyle bergere bedroom suite with kingsize bed (and quality fittin
- Carved frame newly upholstered French Empire style king size bed
- King size Empire style Eau de nil caned bergere bed
- Pretty forged iron king size bed
- Elegant Victorian aged brass king size bed
- Magnificent Louis XVI style mahogany bed
- Irish all iron no end king size bed
- Pretty French carved painted caned Louis XVI style Bergere king size bed
- Lovely simple cherry framed
Antique Beds : Kingsize
The restoration of all our brass beds is carried out at our Chelvey workshop by our team of experts.
Dirt and rust built up over the years are stripped away and any damaged castings and bed knobs, either repaired or new parts recast to match.
Brass & Iron
Most of these brass and iron antique beds were made in the second half of the 19th century and originate from England and Western Europe.
Brass and iron beds became very popular from around 1840 and vary from simple ironwork to intricate combinations of iron and brass, porcelain and hand painted finishes.
Depending on the mood that you want to achieve, brass can polished to varying degrees.
A high polish gives an attractive lightness to the bed, whereas lightly polished antique brass a dark romantic patina.
Most of the antique wood beds originate from Southern France, and date from the 19th century.
The design of these bedsteads are revivals of earlier styles, occasionally combining several styles in the same bed. It is this combination of classical designs, larger sizes and craftsmanship that make 19th century beds so popular today.
Bedsteads are offered in natural wood finishes, a wide range of paint effects or can be hand polished to work with your existing furniture.
Some beds retain their original fabrics, condition permitting. However, we do offer an upholstery service.
At Bedsteads we employ our own upholsterer. Generally clients will have identified their chosen fabric but if help is required we have a extensive selection of fabric samples.
For upholstered beds the price quoted includes re-upholstery.