- Very attractive French upholstered day bed
- All brass single bed by Schoolbred
- Pretty pair of small single no end beds (can be joined)
- Pretty pair of French meter wide caned gilded beds
- Sweet simple small white single
- Lovely early Victorian iron and brass 5Ftking size bed
- Pretty simple painted iron single bed
- Pair of pretty French low end single upholstered beds
- Louis XVI style painted bedroom suite with super single bed
- Attractive Irish all iron queen size bed
- Pair of Edwardian single brass and iron beds (can be joined)
- Pretty forged iron and brass single bed
- Pretty single vintage forged iron bed
- Pretty pair of single white and brass beds with rings and spindle details (can be joined)
- Lovely pair of Walnut single beds with inlay detail
- Pretty Queen size Victorian brass and iron
- Super single pretty Victorian low end
Antique Beds : Singles
The restoration of all our brass beds is carried out at our Chelvey workshop by our team of experts.
Dirt and rust built up over the years are stripped away and any damaged castings and bed knobs, either repaired or new parts recast to match.
Brass & Iron
Most of these brass and iron antique beds were made in the second half of the 19th century and originate from England and Western Europe.
Brass and iron beds became very popular from around 1840 and vary from simple ironwork to intricate combinations of iron and brass, porcelain and hand painted finishes.
Depending on the mood that you want to achieve, brass can polished to varying degrees.
A high polish gives an attractive lightness to the bed, whereas lightly polished antique brass a dark romantic patina.
Most of the antique wood beds originate from Southern France, and date from the 19th century.
The design of these bedsteads are revivals of earlier styles, occasionally combining several styles in the same bed. It is this combination of classical designs, larger sizes and craftsmanship that make 19th century beds so popular today.
Bedsteads are offered in natural wood finishes, a wide range of paint effects or can be hand polished to work with your existing furniture.
Some beds retain their original fabrics, condition permitting. However, we do offer an upholstery service.
At Bedsteads we employ our own upholsterer. Generally clients will have identified their chosen fabric but if help is required we have a extensive selection of fabric samples.
For upholstered beds the price quoted includes re-upholstery.